I wanted to put my leftover pumpkin puree to use, so I came up with this dreamy pumpkin pie chia bowl. It tastes pretty dang close to a dessert, but is a actually superfood packed breakfast option!
Pumpkin is also very underrated in it’s health benefits- it’s loaded with vitamins & minerals, helps alkalize the body’s PH levels, contains anti-inflammatory properties and can also help you have clearer skin! The high amounts of vitamin C help your body make collagen, which we all know keeps your skin healthy, strong and clear.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chia seeds
- Full fat coconut milk
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Toppings of your choice- I used Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Spice Granola, Flax Seed and Banana
- Pour 1 & 1/2 cups of the coconut milk into a bowl (with a lid for later)
- Add 4 heaping tablespoons of the pumpkin puree and a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice- stir together with a whisk
- Add in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and whisk for 10 seconds
- Let everything sit for one minute (very important)
- Stir together once more for 10 seconds, add an airtight lid to the container and let sit overnight. (It doesn’t have to sit overnight if you don’t have time, just make sure you have in the fridge for at least 30 minutes!)
Top with whatever toppings you like, but I HIGHLY recommend the Purely Elizabeth pumpkin spice granola, banana and a little extra pumpkin pie spice on top! (I also sprinkle flax seed on top as well, just for health benefits hehe)
*I got the original chia seed pudding recipe from BeachLifeOrganic, check out her website here!* http://www.beachlifeorganic.com/